Sunday, June 28, 2009

Knittin 2day?

Not much to do today but really got going on the knitting part, what I mean is that my knitting gets going when I am upset. That is the relieving part of the craft is that if you are stressed or upset take the needles out and knit away. I have a 16 yr old cousin that stayed with me at my home and also my 2 kids, well, my day started out going to church and enjoy'n the time with God and family.

The time that we came home it concerned me that my cousin hadn't shown up last night, thinking that she was already home. That was not the case, she came home at 2:30 pm, she had left last night at 5:00 pm. Hello! No phone call? What the heck! I was upset, I was steamed when I asked where she was. Ignorance was in her court, just walked away with no response to the question, who does she think she is? Obvious she a teenager that is rebellious and ignorant in her ways, which hey, she's not my kid so what do I care? In a way I do, because I don't want any thing to happen to her, especially when she stay'n in my home. I do care that if anything should happen that I don't want to be the one to tell my aunt that something happen to her daughter, because I love my aunt.

I had to be the bad guy to confront her on the situation and she was not being respectful to me at all. Well, thank God I had my knitting needles there when waiting for my aunt to pick her up, I sat there and knitted away. Oh! That was, so just right for me, my level of being upset was down and calm to where I didn't care as long as I got my home back again. I got far on the knitting and so I was happy, I did talk to my aunt and we laughed and we talked. It was good, I enjoyed the time to know the reasons why and to explain the situation that was on hand. I hope that things will work out for that young soul, that she sees the respect is what needs to be in her life and not ignorance.


Let me tell you what when they left I felt a sense of relief and joy that the stress of having a teenager in the home was off my chest. When you are a single mother with 2 little ones it is tough to have teenagers and then to try to discipline them and get the respect from them. They don't have that, it makes me think of my little young ones that they are going to grow up, whatever happens I hope that I have done a good job at raising them. That it will show they are good wonderful kids, with my aunt she has many kids that she has to look after them, they are doing the best that they can. I'm just thankful that I have 2 kids, it makes me think that having many kids would be too much.

I don't know how they can do it? It takes love and patience to give to kids, even with my 2 little ones it is tough to be patient and to have that loving kindness for them. Especially tough when you have to love them and discipline them. I am not sure what many of you are thinking at the moment, all I have to say is that God and knitting go hand in hand. I pray that our lives will grow with overwhelming love and discipline.


I had that along with my sister when we were kids, my son, he shows me abundant love even when I am upset and angry in every situation. He makes me think that those little things to be upset over are nothing and shows me what matters most. He's my little blessing that God gave me reminding the love time and time again and also, I guess to rebuke me. Sounds silly huh? I have a little man that knows more than me at times and it is so funny to have that in your child, but in everyone of your children there is one that is the one that keeps you together no matte what.

I know that this is suppose to be about knitting, but this issue came up today and I thought to share the experience amongst those that love to knit cause we all have issues. Knitting makes all things seem, not so bad, cause of the clicking of the needles and the motion of the way you move your hands, it's soothing. I'm sure that ya know what I mean and that all have experienced the ups and downs of life we endure, now to my knitting peeps have a beautiful rest of the day and enjoy your knitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment